rice with vegetables, smoked trout and yogurt
Even more delicious with trout: scones as a snack with salmon trout
Prefer vegan(s)? Replace the fish with mushrooms fried in soy sauce and cubes of smoked tofu. Replace the yogurt with plant-based yogurt for the vegan option.
- 3 el extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g butter
- 3 toes garlic, in thin slices
- 4 shallots, in thin slices
- 150 g Kale, stems and leaves finely chopped
- 3 el ras el hanout + extra for on top
- 750 g cooked wild rice or brown rice, or a mix
- 1 Broccoli in roses
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 750 g hot smoked trout or salmon fillet skinless, flaked
- grater and juice of 1 organic lemon yogurt, to serve
Heat the oil and butter in a large, deep, non-stick skillet over high heat. When the butter starts to foam, add the garlic, shallot and kale stalks and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add the ras el hanout and cooked rice and heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale leaves and broccoli florets and pour in the broth. Stir for 5 minutes until the kale has shrunk and the broccoli is tender.
Mix in half the trout, lemon zest and juice and divide the rest of the trout over it. Sprinkle with some extra ras el hanout and serve with the yoghurt.
This article Casserole: Rice with Vegetables, Smoked Trout & Yoghurt appeared first on delicious.magazine.